Sunday 29 November 2015

Beer (Grolsch vs Heineken vs Amstel vs Bavaria)

Do you like beer? Which brand do you like the most? One of the worldwide beer brands, Heineken is made in Netherlands. So many people drink Heineken here in Netherlands. Also, especially here in Enschede, city of eastern part of the Netherlands, Grolsch is the most famous beer brand as it is traditional brand of Enschede. So today, I will introduce some famous beer brands in Netherlands then analyze taste of each beer brand and taste preference of people.

A
B
C
D
Grolsch
Heineken
Amstel
Bavaria





1.12
0.99
0.78
0.65
* this is price at Emte




Min (22, Female, Korean)
A) Bitter, and weak taste of beer.
B) More bitter.
C) Feel like light
D) There is no special taste and it is bitter. I don’t like this kind of taste.

Dawin (23, Female, Korean)
A) After I drink it, it is fresh taste and it is relatively sweet. I think it is not expensive as it is watery beer.
B) I don’t like this taste as it is bitter. I think it is not expensive as it is watery beer.
C) It is hard to describe the taste of this beer… as it is just normal beer.
D) It is delicious as it is so like “beer”. I think it is the most expensive one.

Jisoo (23, Female, Korean)
A) It has fresh and sour finish.
B) It is good!
C) It is great! I love it! It is delicious! Homely taste.
D) There is no special taste…. It has no something special taste.

Jane (20, Female, Korean)
A) Bitter.
B) More bitter
C) May be there is more alcohol in it.
D) I like it as it is light beer, watery and taste of barley. I think it is the most expensive one.

Jimin (21, Female, Korean)
A) It is less bitter. It is watery and relatively sweet. I think it is the best among them.
B) I don’t like it, feeling cheap beer.
C) I think there is dense carbonic acid.
D) I think it is expensive beer as have less resistance to it. I think it is not artificial taste feeling heavy.

Unoh (23, Male, Korean)
A) It is bitter and watery. It has strong scent. But it is not that good taste.
B) I am sure that it is Heineken as it has special little bitter taste. I like it
C) It feels good when I drink it.
D) I am sure it is Bavaria as it is terrible. It is too watery. After I drink it, I feel little bitter taste.

Conclusion)
This is overall opinion for each brand.
A (Grolsch) 1.12
B (Heineken) 0.99
C (Amstel) 0.78
D (Bavaria) 0.65
Bitter
Weak taste of beer
Watery
Bitter

Expensive


As you can see, there is little common opinion and it is even opposite to the fact. I was so surprised at this experiment because most of those friends love beers and enjoy it frequently. In fact, it means there is little or no relationship between taste of beer and choice of beer because all of them hate Bavaria as it is not delicious and too cheap. I thought what’s why all companies are sensitive to brand power and price reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment